The Fleur du Cap approach is unconstrained. Using only meticulously selected grapes from the finest vineyards across the Cape Winelands, we produce a range of wines that offer diversity of choice and diversity of taste. Essence du Cap is known for exceptional quality and wines that express their true varietal character.
- The wine has a beautiful light garnet colour. On the nose, it shows delicate red fruit such as cherries and strawberries and just a hint of truffles and ends in mild oak spice.
- The palate is medium bodied with a long elegant fi nish luring you back for another sip.
- The grapes were selected from three different areas, two from cool-climate vineyards in Elgin and Ceres, and one situated in Stellenbosch.
- The high lying Ceres vineyards yield 8 t/ha and were planted in 2010 and 2011.
- The Stellenbosch vineyard, planted in 2009, yields 10 t/ha.
- The soils are decomposed shale with good water holding capacity.
- Region: Elgin, Ceres & Stellenbosch (Westen Cape)
- Cultivar: Pinot Noir
- ABV: 12.97%