Wilderer is not only South Africa’s first private distillery, but also the most awarded, with over 70 international medals and awards, including many Gold and Double Gold Medals. Helmut Wilderer, a German restaurateur, decided to leave the industry and founded Wilderer Distillery in January 1995 – South Africa’s first private grappa distillery. After an excellent meal at an Italian restaurant, he ordered a Grappa, and to Helmut’s great surprise he learnt that there were no local products available. Not in this restaurant and as explained by the manager, not in the entire country. To his further astonishment, on his trip down to the Cape and his ride on the Blue Train, he learnt that there was also no Eaux de Vie available.
- Fresh ingredients and flowers are hand-picked from the estate’s gardens, while specialized Fynbos species and other herbs are sustainably harvested
- Twice awarded with a Gold medal at ISW International Spirits Competition & Premium Selection – Germany 2016
- Outstandingly smooth to the palate, this Fynbos gin boasts an array of unique herbs: The distinctive Buchu aroma and taste provides a pleasant and deep fresh herbal character.
- Wild Dagga and Honeybush adds to the underlying aroma that can only be described as walking through Fynbos fields of the Western Cape.
Rose Water Gin
- The Rose Water Gin is as fresh and floral as a breath of spring air.
- The distiller carefully infuses fresh rose petals along with juniper, cinnamon, cardamom and many more botanicals to naturally recreate Turkish Delight.
- Expect a well-balanced and subtle rose flavour with a complex background of juniper and spice.
- Even before its release, the Rose Water Gin immediately won two gold medals – a testament to the Wilderer standard.
- Product of Cape Town, South Africa