Waterford Estate is situated in the picturesque Blaauwklippen Valley, in the world-renowned Stellenbosch region. We believe in the old adage of 'less is more'. There is nothing pretentious or ostentatious about the estate, rather the visual impact is one of a seamless whole, which complements rather than detracts from the surrounding natural beauty.
- Award: 94 Points Tim Atkin.
- Previous vintage award: 93 Points Tim Atkin, 4.5 Star Platter
- Aged in old French oak barrels 225L, 300L & 500L for 22 months - no new wood was used.
- Lovely aromatics of strong violets, dark plum fruits and liquorice.
- Layered into the aromatics, you will find subtle earthiness and leather spice notes.
- The palate is generous and rich with well-textured and sturdy tannins which will add many years to the aging ability.
- The wine finishes with a cooler feel than expected, with the ocean influence maintaining a great natural acidity.
- Pairs well with lean red meats, such as venison, as well as a variety of earthy components.
- Alcohol by Volume: 14.5%
- Region: Stellenbosch
For more information visit Waterford