HOKA ONE ONE’s roots are in the mountains, designing shoes that allowed athletes to run faster, safer, and farther downhill. The result: a range of trail and road running shoes that puts performance and comfort first. With HOKA, your feet feel light gliding above the earth. Don’t run, fly.
The men's Hoka Speedgoat 2 is designed to attack technical trails. It is the weapon of choice for trail running legend Karl Meltzer, who holds the record for the most 100-mile trail race wins and the fastest completion of the (2,190 mile) Appalachian Trail. The UTMB has inspired design and development of the Speedgoat 2, the shoe having to handle a wide range of conditions from rolling, single-track trail at low altitude, all the way up to very challenging alpine terrain at high altitude.
This fully redesigned version of the original Speedgoat now has improved grip, fit, stability, and durability. The midsole is wider, creating a more stable platform for the foot and the toe box is wider too with a reinforced area at the front for added toe protection. The outsole has a deeper, more aggressive Vibram® outsole with 5mm deep multi-directional lugs for maximum traction on all kinds of rugged terrain in all conditions including downhills. The engineered upper has an open mesh that maximizes breathability and support, with a midfoot cage construction designed for stability and to lock the foot in place. The Hoka One One Speedgoat 2 is a fast, tough & durable trail and possibly the ultimate ultra distance running shoe.
Hoka One One has engineered a unique performance midsole geometry that features a higher volume, softer density, and greater rebounding foam than standard running shoes. Along with maximal cushioning, this provides runners of all types with an energizing, stable ride. Hoka One One understood from the beginning that natural foot motion was extremely important for uniformity of stride. Hoka One One running shoes incorporate minimum drop geometry along with a rolling rocker design to promote consistent rhythm in the runner's foot strike.
Engineered Oversized midsole volume that can be up to 2.5X the volume of performance-specific foam material in the midsole compared to standard running shoes.
Benefit: Great shock attenuation, a sense of weightlessness, and inherently stable ride which is designed to reduce the fatigue in your feet, legs and core.
The Meta-Rocker midsole geometry, specifically engineered with a low heel-toe differential encourages a guided foot gait cycle.
Benefit: Designed for active recovery by supporting a runner’s form and efficient running mechanics.
ACTIVE FOOT FRAME
Uniquely engineered Active Foot Frame midsole geometry allows the foot to sink into the shoe, as opposed to sitting on top.
Benefit: Designed to provide integrated stability which is adaptable to a wide range of feet running styles.
- META-ROCKER: BALANCED STAGE
- WIDTH FIT: MEDIUM
- 233g in 7USW
- 278g in 9USM
- Oversize ~1.5 Volume EVA midsole
- 27.5mm under forefoot
- 32mm under heel
- Drop: 4.mm
- Wider platform designed to provide a more stable base on varied terrain
- CMEVA foam midsole absorbs impact points and offers stable footing
- 5mm Vibram MegaGrip high traction lugs
- Multidirectional lugs for supreme grip on various trail surfaces
- New, more durable outsole design
- Reinforced Speedframe construction for durability on the trail
- Open engineered mesh maximizes breathability and support
- Midfoot cage construction designed for stability and locking / capturing of the foot
- Moulded Ortholite, anti-bacterial and anti-odour
- Step 1: Take a sheet of paper, put it on the floor, one side against a wall.
- Step 2: Put your naked foot on the paper, with your heel against the wall and mark with a line the extremity of your foot.
- Step 3: You now just need to measure the length from the border to the line you drew.