Elegance and balance is Almenkerk's credo. We are bon-vivants and part of our mission statement is to have loads of fun while making wine! We refuse to compromise where the quality of the wine is concerned and are strongly committed to making simply delicious wines. However, if you can not enjoy the process it kind of defies the purpose. We like to think that our wines reflect the passion and fun that went into making them.
- The Almenkerk Merlot 2014 is upfront fruity, dominated by red fruit & blackcurrants, while supported by an attractive wooding.
- It has an unmistakable elegance & poise which follows through on the palate.
- The lingering graphite tannin structure and distinct minerality make this a prime example of what cool climate Merlots can be like.
- Drink now or hold until 2024
- Region: Elgin, South Africa
- Cultivar: Merlot
- ABV: 13.53%