Traditional, Loire style Sauvignon Blanc made partly from old unirrigated bush vines and partly from younger, cooler-situated vines. Elegant and refined with subtle flavours of passion fruit with incredible grip and minerality. Although ready to be drunk right now, experiment with a bottle or two in the cellar to see how it develops. Last of the vintage.
- 20% of these grapes are from a single block of 20-year-old, unirrigated bush vines and 80% are from a younger trellised block on the cooler south-facing slopes.
- The soil is weathered sandstone which accounts for the wines’ minerality.
- All practices are organic.
- The wine was kept in contact with the fine lees in the tank for 7 months before bottling. A small percentage of the wine fermented in 500-litre barrels.
- Variety: 100% Sauvignon Blanc
- Winemaker: Roger Burton
- Wine of Origin: Piekenierskloof
- ABV: 13.83 %