- We are unable to source this product for a price that would allow us to offer our usual savings so we are running it at a comparative retail price.
The Wolftrap is a tribute to the pioneers who in the early days ventured into the Cape wilderness and erected a wolf trap on Boekenhoutskloof. To date, no wolf either real or mystical, has been seen in the valley. The Wolftrap - a Boekenhoutskloof original.
- A red blend of Syrah, Mourvèdre and Viognier.
- The nose is intense, dark, and brooding with an abundance of black fruit aromas and scents of violets, pepper and cured meat with gentle whiffs of dried coriander and tar.
- The savoury aromas and dark berries of the nose follow through onto the palate with flavours of liquorice, black olives, and cardamom and hints of cranberry, redcurrant and cloves.
- The mid-palate is full, rich and smooth with supple tannins and integrated acidity and shows sweet tobacco and spicy undertones from subtle oaking.
- The wine lingers in the mouth with a smoky, slightly charry, yet very juicy finish.
- Enjoy with various rich and creamy cheeses, your favourite meaty pizza or red meat dish.
- Alcohol by Volume: 14.98%
- Varietals: 84% Syrah, 15% Mourvèdre, 1% Viognier
- Region: Franschhoek
For more information visit Boekenhoutskloof